About the Project
The Renovation and Expansion project highlights include:
• Completely renovating the Aquatic Center including the pool environmental controls.
• Expanding the gymnasium to construct a new group exercise center for functional training (Think Turf Floor and Cool New Equipment)
• The gymnasium will be updated including long awaited air-conditioning.
• Relocating the exercise studio that is downstairs and creating a new group exercise studio in a more convenient upstairs location.
• The current large conference room will be dedicated to dance and a variety of other healthy living programs.
• A new community conference room will be added for training, lectures, meeting and special activities.
• A café for your enjoyment will be added off of the lobby area with new areas for members to relax between activities.
• Improving the front walkway and entrance area for more convenient building access including a drop off and pick up area.
• Expansion (adding classrooms) and complete renovation of our Early Learning Center including a new kitchen and all new state of the art classrooms.
• A new space focused on youth development will be created where the existing group exercise space is currently located in the building’s lower level for an after school program during the week and other youth and family enrichment programs during mornings and weekends.
Construction is expected to begin in just a few weeks. In the coming weeks we look forward to sharing with you the complete details and renditions of this exciting project.
Stay connected and informed on the project and the program areas that are impacted. We will be updating our members and the community regularly on progress, class and program updates and what you might expect when vising the Y during the renovation and expansion project through-out the construction. It will certainly be challenging at times but it will be well worth the short term inconveniences we will go all be going through together.
Please visit the Y's main website, this website, follow us on social media or in the branch to find regular updates on the changes we are making for you.
"On behalf of the entire Staff team and all of our Board members thank you for your support and for choosing to be a member of our Y family. We are very excited and hope you are too!"
~ Rick MacPherson, President & CEO